Statistics indicate that approximately half of all marriages will end in divorce. Some marriages are not meant to last. There are many places you can find legal representation in divorce proceedings. Here is a quick list of areas where you will find a lawyer for divorce. Visit our website and learn more about best local divorce attorneys.
1. Referrals for Friends of Family – It is possible to have a colleague, friend, or family member who has experienced a divorce. These people can share their personal experience with the divorce lawyer that they have used. Sometimes, your friend or family member might be out of your jurisdiction and so may different laws. It is always a good idea for you to get divorce advice from someone who is close by.
2. Internet- Internet is the fastest way for people to find information these days. The internet offers a wide range of legal information, including the contact details for local divorce attorneys. The internet is an excellent option because search engines can give you detailed results that match your search. Connecting to the internet using your cell phone is another option. However, your soon to be ex-spouse will not be able to see your recent history on your PC.
3. Local Phone Book Listings. If you have a local yellow page or phone book, you’ll see a lot of licensed attorneys in the area. Be aware that even the largest advertisement may not be the best match for your case. You should call several local lawyers before you search for a divorce lawyer through the yellow pages. Some family law lawyers only specialize in adoption services. Check to see if they are primarily focused on divorce.
4. Bar Association- Many cities have a local bar association. This is another excellent place to search for divorcing attorneys. They can connect you with a few top-notch local divorce lawyers by calling them. This association guarantees that the attorney has the proper licenses and all other credentials.
5. Local Law Schools- If your budget is tight and you are looking for a good divorce attorney, it’s worth checking out local law schools. Their pro bono program allows you to take advantage of the discounted prices. But, even if you do not qualify, they can refer you to a Divorce Attorney that meets your needs.
6. Legal Aid Services- A legal aid society is an option for people who have little or no income. Look for a local legal aid society. In order to be eligible to receive legal aid, certain qualifications might apply. Financial hardship applicants can also be helped by legal aid services. Many cities have pro bono divorce attorneys who will accept cases.